This Hype Cycle encompasses technologies and standards that improve the security, governance and reliability of private and public cloud computing.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Chaos Engineering
- Identity Proofing and Corroboration
- Immutable Infrastructure
- At the Peak
- DLP for Mobile Devices
- Digital Security
- Cloud Security Posture Management
- Container Security
- Cloud Data Backup
- Security Rating Services
- OpenID Connect
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Software-Defined Perimeter
- Cloud Data Protection Gateways
- Cloud Application Discovery
- Cloud Workload Protection Platforms
- Cloud Service Brokerage
- Private Cloud Computing
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Secure Web Gateways
- Climbing the Slope
- Microsegmentation (Software-Defined Segmentation)
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
- Data Loss Prevention
- OAuth 2
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
- Cloud-Testing Tools and Services
- Cloud Security Assessments
- IaaS Container Encryption
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.