Alan Duncan is Vice President for Data and Analytics Strategy and Chief Data Officer (CDO).
Major areas of interest include:
- Data-driven business transformation, data literacy and culture. Influencing the organizational, cultural and behavioral change impacts arising from an evidence-based/analytic approach to digital business.
- Data and analytics strategies and operating models (including specific considerations for midsized enterprises.)
- Infonomics and the business value of data and analytics, identifying and communicating business outcomes and value through treating information as an asset
- Monetizing data and best practices for realizing better business outcomes.
- Ethical considerations for data and analytics, and the potential intended and unintended consequences of collecting and analyzing data.
- Impact of data literacy and data-driven culture on artificial intelligence.
Mr. Duncan is a recognized authority and executive leader in the fields of data strategy, business analytics, data-driven culture and business change, data governance, and data quality.
In a career spanning over 28 years, Mr. Duncan has provided strategic advice for world-class data management, business intelligence, data warehousing, master data management, document management and knowledge management solutions. He has worked with clients in a diverse range of industry sectors, including telecommunications, financial services, retail, state and federal government, natural resources, utilities, and manufacturing.
Many of his clients have been international businesses operating across multiple countries, and he has worked in the U.K., France, Germany, the Netherlands, the U.S., Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Australia.
He is also an Associate Member of Faculty at University College Cork (UCC), where he lectures on the MSc programmes for Data Business and Digital Health.
UNSW Australia (University of New South Wales)
Director of Data Governance (CDO)
SMS Management & Technology
National Competency Leader, Information and Data Management
Client Partner, Information Communications and Media
Data and Analytics Leaders
Analytics, BI and Data Science Solutions
Data and Analytics Strategies
Midsize Enterprise IT Leadership
B.Eng., With Honors, Electronics Engineering, University of Aberdeen
1Data-driven culture change,data literacy, evidence-based decision making and business transformation
2Data and analytics strategy and operating models
3Developing organizational capability for data-driven and digital business: communities of excellence, business intelligence competency center (BICC)
4Data and analytics strategy for midsized enterprises
5Business value of data and data analytics, information as an asset, and data monetization