Digital Business Ecosystems & The Platform Economy
The leverage organizations need to Monetize, Manage, and Measure Information as an Asset for Competitive Advantage
Opportunities & challenges:
- Digital innovation is driving the move to business ecosystems by driving increasing interconnection, making it easy and quick to connect everything.
- Business ecosystems offer unprecedented access to the capabilities, resources and talent on a global scale that sets the stage for innovation.
- To leverage business ecosystems organizations will need a paradigm shift in perspective, away from the traditional supply – demand economic perspective.
- The shift to business ecosystems requires a change in the people, processes and technologies that underpin the organization.
What You Need to Know:
- There are critical mechanisms for capitalizing on business ecosystems opportunities and responding to threats, including APIs, digital platforms, events and programmable economy (including blockchain).
Click infographic below for more research
Digital business platforms are:
- a stable base of IT services
- modular and service-oriented
- Bring together the organization's own systems and contributions from outsourcers and "as a service" providers.
Digital platforms underpin the creation of new business models by integrating ecosystems of people, business and things.
Information is an Asset that must be shared and protected
The API Economy is:
- A set of business models and channels
- Based on secure access of functionality and exchange of data to an ecosystem
- Through an API, either within a company or on the Internet with business partners and customers".
Event driven IT is a top priority
By 2020, achieving broad competence in event-driven IT will be a top-three priority for the majority of global enterprise CIOs.
A key distinction of a digital business is that it’s event-centric, which means it’s always sensing, always ready and always learning.
Leaders guiding a digital transformation initiative must make ‘event thinking’ the technical, organizational and cultural foundation of their strategy.”
Programmable economy is the global-scale aggregation of algorithmic businesses and decentralized autonomous organizations enabled by metacoin platforms.
- Metacoin platforms are the key technology foundation to the programmable economy.
- Consist of lightweight, distributed autonomous agents with imbued purpose via embedded rules and business logic
Discover how we help clients drive maximum value.
Unleash the Power of Your Business Ecosystems
Building Platforms for a Digital Society - Gartner Opening Keynote
View the Webinar
“Gartner has been an invaluable partner for me … it’s like my CIO cheat sheet.”
Gartner can help you: Accelerate your success, mitigate cost and risk, validate your thinking and extend your resources.