Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Software development teams have long sought the grand unification of the differing development disciplines. Application life cycle management (ALM) tools deliver software development life cycle (SDLC) discipline integration in combination with workflow, tracing and reporting functionality. This market profile examines ALM tool offerings and identifies the trends shaping the emerging marketplace.
Table of Contents
Summary of Findings
- Vendor Landscape
- Related and Adjacent Markets
- Integration Model
- Solution Scope
- Industry Focus
- License Models
- Market Definition
- Increased Complexity of Development
- Open-Source SDLC Tool Adoption
- Unsatisfied Business Analysts
- Aging SDLC Infrastructure
- Collaborative Features
- Integration Standards
- Targeting New Users
- Widening Integrations for Open-Source and Best-of-Breed Tools
- Offering Deeper Methodology Support
- Focusing on Software Quality
- Providing Hosted ALM Solutions
- Offering Freemium Tools
- ALM Tool Functionality
- Hosted ALM Applications
- Expansion Into Release Management
- Further Consolidation of the Market
- Market Drivers