Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Many clients ask Gartner how to deal with Microsoft SharePoint's functional shortcomings. This report identifies gaps in six key areas and profiles vendors of tools that can plug them, but also warns IT managers not to customize SharePoint deployments without scrutinizing the long-term implications.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
Six Key Functional Gaps in SharePoint
Representative Vendors That Can Fill the Gaps
- Gap Category 1: Administration and Compliance
- Gap Category 2: Workflow Automation and Business Process Management
- Gap Category 3: Remote BLOB Storage/External Storage Management
- Gap Category 4: Mobile/Device Support
- Gap Category 5: Records Management
- Gap Category 6: Taxonomy/Classification
Understand Add-On Support Costs and Avoid Lock-In
Address Business Needs and Avoid Too Many Stop-Gaps
- What You Need to Know