Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Information leaders increasingly grasp the idea that information adds value to their organization beyond mere operational excellence and decision making. They can realize that value by taking a disciplined approach to monetizing available information assets.
Table of Contents
1. Establish an Information Product Management Function
2. Inventory the Available Information Assets
- Operational Data
- Enterprise Dark Data
- Commercial Data
- Public Data
- Social Media Data
- The Internet
3. Adapt High-Value Monetization Ideas From Other Industries
4. Evaluate Methods for Both Direct and Indirect Monetizing
5. Test Ideas for Feasibility
- Use This Testing Phase to Build Consensus
- Put Legal and Ethical Issues on the Front Burner
6. Prepare Data for Monetization Use
7. Establish and Cultivate the Market for the Information Product
- 1. Establish an Information Product Management Function
Gartner Recommended Reading