Purchase this Document
Price: $495.00 USD (PAGES: 9)
To purchase this document, you will need to register or sign in above.
Software-defined storage offers potential benefits to I&O leaders looking to increase storage solution flexibility and reduce costs. We highlight common SDS use cases and provide an overview of its benefits, limitations and vendor landscape.
Table of Contents
Infrastructure SDS Use Cases
- Use Case 1: Storage Platform TCO Reductions Through On-Demand Scalability and Exploitation of Commodity Hardware Resources
- Use Case 2: Performance Improvement by Optimizing and Aggregating Storage I/O
Management SDS Use Cases
- Use Case 3: Better Provisioning and Automation of Storage Resources
- Use Case 4: Robust Utilization, Management and Life Cycle of Heterogeneous Storage Array
- Use Case 5: Tight Alignment of Storage With Broader Infrastructure Software Management
- Adoption Rate and Interest in SDS Technology
- Infrastructure SDS Use Cases
Gartner Recommended Reading