Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Enterprises are adopting new IT delivery models and applications that are imposing fundamental network changes from device access to core. I&O leaders need to align their networking capabilities with emerging digital business needs, and to create a culture that rewards innovation.
Table of Contents
The Digital Business Is Changing Network Requirements
A New Culture Is Essential to Driving Innovation
Cost Containment Enables Innovation
A Strategic Network Roadmap
- Operational Innovation for Digital Business Alignment
- Functional Innovation
- Cost Innovation
- Traditional MPLS WAN Isn't Optimized for the Cloud
- Public and Private Cloud Networks Are Not Integrated
- IoT Employs Many Wireless Technologies
- Real-Time Applications Continue to Grow: Legacy Voice Infrastructure Persists
- Data Center Networks Are Operated Manually
- Lack of an Enterprise Network Services Catalog
- The Network Is Slow to Change, but Expensive to Maintain
Gap Analysis and Interdependencies
- Implementing a Cloud-Optimized WAN
- Achieving Better Network Agility in the Data Center
- Focus on Unique Requirements for IoT
- Delivering a Network Services Catalog
- Optimizing Budget Allocations Across Products and People
- Higher Priority
- Medium Priority
- Lower Priority
- The Digital Business Is Changing Network Requirements
Gartner Recommended Reading