Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
As Office 365 adoption continues to grow, the nature of the service is also changing. Gartner asked enterprises why they chose Office 365, what challenges they are facing and what has impressed (or disappointed) them most. Here are the lessons learned for technical professionals from this survey.
Table of Contents
Listening to Our Panel: Office 365 Drivers, Technical Problems and Surprises/Disappointments
- Costs, Licensing and Cloud Are Primary Reasons for Using Office 365
- Operational Issues Are the Largest Source of Technical Challenges
- New Office 365 Features Are Both Exciting and Frustrating
Analyzing the Numbers: Growth, Most Valuable Products, Hybrid, Mobile and Licensing
- Adoption of a "Young" Office 365 Continues to Grow
- Enterprises, Especially Large Ones, Should Plan for Hybrid
- Email and ProPlus Are Not the Only Office 365 Products in Use
- Office 365 Mobile Apps Are Popular and Mostly Reflect Desktop Use
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 Is the Most Popular License Plan
- Listening to Our Panel: Office 365 Drivers, Technical Problems and Surprises/Disappointments
Build Your Business Case on Cost, Licensing and Moving to the Cloud
Support Products Beyond Exchange, ProPlus and OneDrive for Business
Implement Hybrid Identity Management
Mitigate the Risks of Using the Office 365 Mobile Apps
- Build Your Business Case on Cost, Licensing and Moving to the Cloud
Gartner Recommended Reading