Robotic process automation (RPA) will have a profound impact on IGA. RPA introduces robotic software whose identities and access must be managed and controlled. Technical professionals must prepare to extend IGA architecture to address these requirements while assessing RPA for automating IGA tasks.
- Robotic Process Automation Overview
- Software Robot Connectors and Integration
- Software Robot Task Execution and People Impersonation
- Software Robot Identity and Access Management
- Software Robots as Subjects (Identity)
- Software Robots as Objects (Resources)
- Software Robot Utility in IGA
- IGA and RPA Integration Use Cases
- RPA Concept of Operations
- Key RPA Tools Capabilities
- Example RPA Libraries and Vendors
- SikuliX Library
- RPA Vendors
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.