Published: 28 September 2017
Application leaders are facing increasing pressure from the business to modernize applications and create new web and mobile apps. To meet the surging demand, IT must embrace and encourage citizen development initiatives to democratize app development at scale and velocity.
Included in Full Research
- More Than Half of Respondents Already Have or Plan to Initiate Citizen Development Programs
- Citizen Development Is Most Active in Lines-of-Business and Operations Units but With Limited IT Involvement
- Citizen Development Is Driven by Need for Speed, While Ease of App Building Is Most Important Tool Criterion
- Business Analysts With Business Process Modelling Skills Are Top Choices for Citizen Developers
- Citizen Developers Mostly Build Desktop Client Apps but Success KPIs Are Typically Not Tracked