Published: 25 October 2017
Maturing IoT elements are transforming FSM applications. Application leaders supporting field service should study this report to learn how to adjust their business model, technology and operational approaches in order to derive cost and customer experience benefits from the IoT.
Included in Full Research
- As customers expect tighter SLAs and push operations and maintenance responsibility onto field service providers, application leaders need to focus on O&M efficiency
- Internet of Things devices are a new form of "customer" that communicates different information over different channels, and thus requires different handling by application leaders
- The high cost of retrofitting new sensors to aging equipment is pressuring FSOs to shorten product replacement life cycles instead
- Remote access to, or the sharing of, equipment telemetry needs careful handling by application leaders, as customers may perceive data privacy, data ownership, compliance or security risks
- The use of data and connectivity to troubleshoot equipment remotely requires careful handling, as employees may view this practice as a threat to their job security