Digital business is event-driven, so organizations need to invest in event-centric design practices and technologies to exploit digital business moments. Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders must champion event thinking across business and IT.
- Why Event-Driven Model Is a Top 10 Trend
- Where Event-Driven Model Fits in the Top 10
- Event Thinking Drives Digital Business
- Event Thinking Gives Control to Event Handlers
- Event-Driven Technologies and Architectures Add Flexibility and Complexity
- Request- and Event-Driven Models Are Equally Relevant
- Appendix: The Other Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2018
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.