I&O leaders responsible for designing WANs are interested in SD-WAN products and services to improve branch resiliency and performance, and to reduce costs. In this research, we answer the most common client questions surrounding SD-WAN.
- Focusing on Specific Usage Scenarios and Refresh Cycles
- Question 1 — What Is SD-WAN?
- Question 2 — Is SD-WAN Ready for Production Deployment?
- Calculate Savings and ROI Based on Multiple Factors
- Question 3 — Can I Eliminate My MPLS Circuits With SD-WAN?
- Question 4 — Will SD-WAN Save My Organization Money?
- Pick One of Four Specific Secure SD-WAN Architectures When Deploying SD-WAN
- Question 5 — What Are the Security Implications of SD-WAN?
- Question 6 — Should We Deploy and Support SD-WAN Using Internal Resources or Use a Managed Network Service?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.