Multiexperience development enables fit-for-purpose apps across multiple touchpoints, built on loosely coupled back-end services exposed through APIs. Application leaders must adopt an API mediation layer to enable this architecture, including API management, as well as iPaaS and/or ESBs.
- Create "Inner APIs" by API-Enabling Existing Systems
- Create "Outer APIs" Using API Mediation
- Choose the Most Appropriate Tools to Deliver and Manage Your Outer APIs
- Adopt a Best-of-Breed Approach, Using Products Together If Necessary
- Adopt Enterprisewide API Product Management
Gartner Recommended Reading