Autorenewal decisions may be the monsters hiding in the deep of SaaS contracting. IT sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders that leverage a risk management approach to the SaaS autorenewal decision minimize the potential for catastrophic operational impact and lock-in.
- Make a Conscious Informed Choice on SaaS Autorenewal Clauses Using a Risk Assessment of Options
- Quadrant 1: Require Autorenewal
- Quadrant 2: Improve Contract Management Capability to Support Autorenewal
- Quadrant 3: Use Discretionary Autorenewal
- Quadrant 4: Limit Autorenewal
- Minimize a Vendor’s Future Disruptive Leverage
- Limit Negative Impact From Unwanted SaaS Contract Autorenewal With an Automatic Renewal Term Not Exceeding One Year
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.