MDM implementation styles are the basis of the architecture for MDM systems, whether they are built from components or bought as a platform. Data and analytics technical professionals can use the guidance in this document to select the appropriate implementation style for their MDM solutions.
- The Drivers for MDM Adoption
- The Four Styles of MDM
- How Do the MDM Styles Compare?
- Analysis of the Four MDM Implementation Styles
- Another Way of Looking at the MDM Styles
- Cloud, Multicloud, Real-Time Processing and MDM
- Components of the Four MDM Implementation Styles
- How Do the MDM Implementation Styles Differ From One Another?
- The Power of a Component-Based Approach to MDM
- Development and Governance Tools and Utilities
- Master Data Definitions
- Data Quality Processes
- MDM Services Management and Managed Communications Infrastructure
- MDM Utility Services
- Examples for Selecting the Right MDM Implementation Style
- Use Case 1: Improving the Quality of Analytics Data
- Use Case 2: Improving the Effectiveness of an Existing ERP System Globally
- Use Case 3: Linking Customer Data From Disparate Databases and Systems
- Use Case 4: Identifying Relationships Between People and Businesses in Real Time
- Use Case 5: Linking and Consolidating Records From Multiple Sources
Gartner Recommended Reading