As AI technology evolves, augmented intelligence — combined human and AI capabilities — will deliver the greatest benefits. CIOs should prioritize augmented intelligence to scale people’s work and talents as the top AI contribution to growth of business volume, quality and innovation.
- Augmented Intelligence Is Both the Human Side of AI and the Design Approach to Maximize AI Value
- Augmented Intelligence Will Deliver the Highest Benefits From AI Technology
- Plan and Implement Augmented Intelligence Across Three Time Horizons
- Evolve AI Benefits for People and Society
- Augmented Intelligence Scenarios: Train People to Be Their Best and Train Machines to Do Their Best
- Augmented Intelligence Applied: A Story From the Field
- In the Short Term, Scale Volume, Reduce Errors and Automate Routine Tasks
- In the Medium Term, Scale Quality, Amplify Human Talents and Create New Products and Experiences
- In the Long Term, Scale Interdisciplinary Innovation, Reinvent Your Business and Nuance Customer Personalization to Achieve Digital Transformation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.