RPA extends automation into use cases that usually require humans. RPA simplifies creation of automated workflows, but doesn’t completely democratize an inherently technical system. Infrastructure and operations technical professionals must understand RPA’s capabilities and limitations.
- Document Overview
- RPA Overview
- RPA Within the Automation Landscape
- RPA Platform Overview
- Script Development Environment
- Bot Deployment Options
- Bot Management Platform
- Best Practices for Adopting and Operating RPA
- Establish the Developer Persona
- Establish a Governing Body
- Use Selection Criteria to Prioritize Well-Suited Cases for RPA
- Manage Process Selection Criteria as a Roadmap
- Apply Release Management to RPA Scripts
- Test and Validate RPA Scripts Before Releasing to Production
- Ongoing Operations for RPA Scripts
- Automation and Transaction Throughput
- Measuring Success With RPA
- The Role of AI in RPA
- AI Within RPA
- AI External to RPA
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.