Infrastructure and operations leaders want to use public internet services to connect branch offices to cloud services; however, too often, they source suboptimal internet services, resulting in poor application performance. Use this research to help mitigate these performance issues.
- Design the Solution With Access and Route Diversity and Direct Cloud Peering to Manage Application Performance
- Choose the Right Internet Access Service and ISP
- Use Local ISPs With Diverse Peering
- Align the ISP Peering Points With the Location of Key Cloud Providers
- Use Access Diversity for Branch Offices Where Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Is Not Used
- Deploy Hosted Route/SD-WAN Proxies to Enable Route Diversity
- Source Enhanced Internet Services for Optimum Performance
- Improve Problem Resolution by Deploying Monitoring and Reporting Solutions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.