This Hype Cycle informs application leaders who are transforming HCM about the latest technological innovations in the market. It will help them prioritize investments by providing insights into the maturity of key applications and technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- VR/AR Applications in Corporate Learning
- Internal Talent Marketplace
- Flexible Earned Wage Access
- Learning Experience Platforms
- Virtual Assistants in HCM
- AI in Talent Acquisition
- D&I in HCM
- Employee Experience Tech (EXTech)
- Next-Gen Talent Assessments
- Virtual Assistants in Recruiting
- Consumer HR Apps
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) in HCM
- Voice of the Employee
- At the Peak
- Freelancer Management Systems
- Midoffice and Back-Office WFO
- Next-Gen WFM
- Unified Multicountry Payroll
- Continuous Employee Performance Feedback
- Machine Learning in HCM
- Employee Wellness
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Employee Recognition and Reward Systems
- Workforce Planning and Modeling
- Digital HR Document Management
- Video Recruiting
- Integrated HR Service Management
- Talent Analytics
- Candidate Relationship Management and Recruitment Marketing
- Climbing the Slope
- Compensation Allocation for Line Managers
- Entering the Plateau
- Talent Management Suites
- Cloud HCM Suites
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.