Manufacturers seek ways to evolve and grow their business by streamlining product life cycle activities such as creating concepts, and designing, manufacturing, servicing and retiring products. This Hype Cycle identifies opportunities to digitalize and transform the business with low disruption.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- At the Peak
- Interenterprise MDM
- Digital Twin
- Machine Learning
- Immersive Experience — Manufacturing Operations
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Cloud-Native CAD
- Cloud-Native CAE, Simulation and Virtual Prototyping
- MPM Frameworks
- IT/OT Convergence and Alignment
- Product Innovation Platforms
- Model-Based Manufacturing
- MOM Application Suites
- Cloud-Native PLM Applications
- 3D Printing in Manufacturing Operations
- Cloud Computing in Manufacturing Operations
- Master Data Management
- Building Information Modeling
- Asset Performance Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Synchronized BOMs
- QMS Applications
- System Engineering Software
- Product Cost Management
- Simulation and Test Data Management
- Plant Engineering and Design
- Product Requirements Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.