The infrastructure strategies Hype Cycle includes a number of infrastructure architectures including AI/ML, edge, IoT, hyperconverged and software-defined innovations, and also cloud and container-based delivery strategies that continue to disrupt as well as provide opportunities for I&O leaders.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Edge Supercomputing
- ML-Augmented DCs
- Intelligent Infrastructure
- Alternative Architectures (Non-x86)
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Application Monitoring and Protection
- Service Mesh
- Programmable Infrastructure
- At the Peak
- Serverless Infrastructure
- Composable Infrastructure
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Edge Computing
- Micro Operating Systems
- SD Edge
- Embedded Devices
- Data Center Interconnection Fabric
- Dynamic Optimization Technology
- Hardware-Based Security
- Hyperscale Computing
- OS Containers
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Micro Data Centers
- Software-Defined Compute
- Desktop as a Service
- Infrastructure SDS
- Zero Trust Network Access (Software-Defined Perimeter)
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Application Virtualization
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Climbing the Slope
- Private Cloud Computing
- Software-Defined Networking
- In-Memory Computing
- Virtualization Software Licensing
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Entering the Plateau
- Software-Defined Security
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.