Consumers’ concerns on data security and privacy have become a key influencing factor for trusted brands. Companies are closely evaluated by consumers about how they handle the data. Cybersecurity and privacy must be a top priority element when building a strong brand reputation.
- Privacy Protection as a Viable Differentiator to Build a Strong Consumer Brand
- Consumers Store More Personal Content in Cloud and Look for Data Security and Privacy Protection
- Governments Step In and Introduce Regulations to Protect Personal Data
- Consumers Look at How Companies Handle or Protect Data and Privacy
- Privacy Protection Can Be a Viable Differentiator in Building a Strong Consumer Brand
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.