Published: 20 September 2019
Cloud and digital business are transforming enterprise IT architectures and requirements on WAN services. Service providers’ ability to support hybrid IT with cost-efficient connectivity, as well as agile and flexible data network services, will be key to compete for a flat $145 billion market.
Included in Full Research
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Impacts
- Notable Changes
- Influencing Factor: Maturity of SD-WAN Products and Service Offerings
- Forecast Assumption: By year-end 2023, 60% of enterprises will have implemented SD-WAN, up from less than 20% in 2019, to increase network agility and enhance support for cloud applications.
- Influencing Factor: Shift in Enterprise WAN Topologies
- Forecast Assumption: By 2023, 30% of enterprise locations will use internet-only WAN connectivity, up from less than 10% in 2019, to reduce bandwidth’s cost.
- Influencing Factor: Cloud and Multicloud Adoption
- Forecast Assumption: By 2023, more than 50% of large organizations will connect to cloud providers using direct cloud connectivity from their WANs, up from 10% in 2019.
- Influencing Factor: Use Cases Demanding High Bandwidth and Low-Latency Connections
- Forecast Assumption: Through 2022, more than 75% of enterprises adopting a cloud-first strategy will continue to host business-critical applications in traditional data center environments.