The cloud managed service market is forecast to reach $80 billion by 2024, growing at a five-year CAGR of 17.5% in U.S. dollars. Growth will be driven by organizations demanding agility and support of increasingly complex digital environments.
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Impacts
- Notable Changes
Forecast Data Summary
Forecast Model Summary
Influencing Factors and Assumptions
- Influencing Factor: Legacy Application Management
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 90% of large organizations with legacy applications in the cloud will use external service providers for some portion of management and support.
- Influencing Factor: Strategic Digital Technology Transformation
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 25% of large organizations in mature economies will engage with MSPs for ongoing support of cloud-based strategic digital technology transformation.
- Influencing Factor: Cloud-Native Architecture and Operations
- Forecast Assumption: In mature economies, 60% of large organizations will engage with MSPs for cloud-native architecture and operations by 2025.
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.