Demand for cloud consulting and implementation services will hit its peak over the next five years. As more organizations transition to digital business transformation initiatives, cloud will become the “go-to” enabler of these efforts — not the focus of the project.
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Impacts
- Notable Changes
Forecast Data Summary
Forecast Model Summary
Influencing Factors and Assumptions
- Influencing Factor: Strategic Digital Technology Transformation
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, more than 75% of large organizations will have used external consultants to develop their cloud strategy, up from 40% in 2019.
- Influencing Factor: Legacy Applications and Infrastructure
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 85% of large organizations will have engaged external service providers to migrate applications to the cloud, up from 43% in 2019.
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 55% to 60% of organizations will use external service providers to establish a net new cloud environment.
- Forecast Assumption: 85% of organizations will use external service providers to migrate data/storage to the cloud by 2025.
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 80% of organizations will use external service providers to move an application/compute infrastructure from one environment to a different cloud environment.
Appendix: Baseline Assumptions by Macroregion and Size of Company
Gartner Recommended Reading
- Cloud Consulting Services
- Cloud Implementation Services
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.