Most business applications have embedded AI, but vendors often fail to demonstrate its practical value to customers. Application leaders can define their vendor selection criteria and successfully deploy business applications that offer AI features.
- Train Business Leaders and Technology Specialists in AI’s Promise Through Strategic Selection and Employment of AI Application Functionality
- Charter an AI Center of Excellence That Allows Leaders and Workers to Learn From Each Other
- Share the Impact of AI-Enhanced Business Apps
- Highlight AI-Enhanced Features in Demos
- Make it Easy for Everybody Interested in AI to Collaborate
- Educate Business and Operations Personnel on How to Leverage AI
- Ask Vendors to Demonstrate How Your Data Will Feed Their Models
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.