DevOps initiatives must be grounded in customer value and will leverage a range of people, processes and technologies that span the software delivery value stream. I&O leaders must pursue organizational learning, continual improvement and automation strategies to deliver the required capabilities.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Promise Theory
- Performance Engineering
- Chaos Engineering
- DevOps Value Stream Delivery Platforms
- DevOps Value Stream Management Platforms
- Continuous Quality
- Platform Ops
- Continuous Compliance Automation
- At the Peak
- Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Autonomous Testing
- Programmable Infrastructure
- Hypothesis-Driven Development
- Communities of Practice
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Infrastructure Automation
- Application Release Orchestration
- Container Management
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Continuous Delivery
- Bimodal IT Operations
- DevOps Toolchain
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Climbing the Slope
- Application Performance Monitoring Software
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Continuous Configuration Automation
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.