This Hype Cycle will help application leaders supporting sales to assess the relative maturity and business impact of sales technologies. New technologies are emerging on the Hype Cycle due to COVID-19, and there are shifts in others as a direct result of changes in selling and buying behavior.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Blockchain for Lead Generation
- IoT for CRM Sales
- Extended Planning & Analysis
- Partner Data Exchange Platforms
- Knowledge Graphs for Sales
- AR and VR for Sales
- Account and Contact Psychographics Profiling
- At the Peak
- Conversational Engagement Analytics for Sales
- Sales Enablement Platforms
- Digital Adoption Solutions
- Sales Bots
- Voice-Driven Sales Apps
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Natural Language Query
- Embedded Analytics
- Relationship Intelligence
- Customer Success Management
- Quota Planning and Optimization
- Strategic Account Management
- Account-Based Marketing Platforms
- Sales Training and Coaching Solutions
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Sales Acceleration
- Mobile Sales Productivity
- Climbing the Slope
- Sales Predictive Analytics
- Sales Performance Management
- Visual Configuration
- Entering the Plateau
- Recurring Revenue Management
- Partner Relationship Management
- Price Optimization and Management for B2B
- Territory Planning and Optimization
- Data Intelligence Solutions for Sales
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.