Automation is a catalyst that drives consistent quality and business agility as organizations adopt cloud computing and DevOps practices, and integrate AI capabilities. I&O leaders must leverage the technologies in this Hype Cycle to deliver faster value, improve efficiency and optimize costs.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Chaos Engineering
- Hybrid Digital Infrastructure Management
- SaaS Management Platforms
- Intelligent Infrastructure
- At the Peak
- Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Programmable Infrastructure
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Infrastructure Automation
- Application Release Orchestration
- Cloud Data Backup
- Container Management
- Network Automation
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Composable Infrastructure
- Intelligent Automation (I&O)
- Continuous Delivery
- Software Asset Management Tools
- DevOps Toolchain
- Intent-Based Networking
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Hybrid Cloud Computing
- Intelligent Automation for Infrastructure Managed Services
- Climbing the Slope
- Cloud Application Discovery
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Continuous Configuration Automation
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.