Published: 20 April 2022
Effective strategic portfolio management capabilities can help enterprises accelerate their digital initiatives and adapt when disruptions occur. Strategic portfolio leaders should use this research to find suitable SPM products that align with their strategies to execution needs.
Included in Full Research
Organizations that increase their strategic portfolio management capabilities also increase their ability to rapidly launch and deliver new digital initiatives and navigate through challenging disruptions.
Many organizations pursue investments in their portfolios that do not deliver recognized business value and strategic outcomes. Much of this can be attributable to a lack of alignment between their enterprise strategies and portfolio management capabilities.
The SPM market is still emerging, but many enterprises are beginning to mature their SPM practices. This creates a new customer environment that requires careful discernment of what products are a best fit for enterprise SPM capabilities.
Strategic portfolio leaders
Clients can log in to view the entire
Strategic Planning Assumptions
- Cora Systems
- EOS Software
- Software AG
- Element Definition and Mapping
- Element-Neutral Portfolio Creation
- Funding and Investment Modeling
- Demand Management
- Adaptive Program Management
- Resource Plan/Scenario Modeling
- Element-Neutral Roadmapping
- Mapping, Tracking and Analysis
- Strategy Execution Management
- Enterprise Program and Portfolio Management
- Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis
Gartner Recommended Reading
Critical Capabilities Methodology