BPM Maturity Model Identifies Six Phases for Successful BPM Adoption
Published: 18 October 2006
Michael James Melenovsky
The business process management maturity and adoption model provides guidance for how your organization can more easily navigate the challenges of becoming process-managed.
Table Of Contents
- The Six Phases of BPM Maturity — Overview
- The BPM Maturity Model and Its Critical Success Factors
- The Six Phases — in Detail
- Phase 0: Acknowledge Operational Inefficiencies
- Phase 1: Become Process Aware
- Phase 2: Establish Intraprocess Automation and Control
- Phase 3: Establish Interprocess Automation and Control
- Phase 4: Establish Enterprise Valuation Control
- Phase 5: Create an Agile Business Structure
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.