Conceptualizing 'Green' IT and Data Center Power and Cooling Issues
Published: 07 September 2007
Many organizations are facing the interrelated challenges of dealing with data center power cooling problems and "green" IT strategies. This research presents a conceptual positioning of these issues.
Table Of Contents
- Create Momentum — Suggested Actions
- Align the IT Organization With Corporate CSR Groups
- Align the IT Organization With Corporate Facilities Groups
- Establish Appropriate Communication Channels
- Baseline Current Energy Use and Costs, and Model Future Increases
- Prioritize Key Green IT and CSR Issues
- Establish a Sustainable IT Expert Group
- Evaluate Future Technologies
- Develop a Green Procurement Program
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.