Purchase this Document
Price: $495.00 USD (PAGES: 6)
To purchase this document, you will need to register or sign in above.
By 2016, mainstream IT organizations will leverage nontrivial elements of open-source software (directly or indirectly) in mission-critical IT solutions. IT leaders must clearly understand the reasons for OSS adoption to clearly differentiate between real-world versus overhyped expectations.
Table of Contents
Inside the Prediction
- OSS in at Least 95% of IT Organizations
- OSS Leveraged Within Mission-Critical IT Portfolios
The Drivers Behind OSS Adoption
- Programmers Care About Innovation Balanced With Stability
- Open-Source Projects Promote Innovation Through Collaboration
- Open Source Projects Promote Stability Through Reuse
- OSS Is Popular Among End-Users Because It Promises Cost Optimization, Flexibility and Innovation Advantages Over Traditional Closed-Source Alternatives
- OSS Is Popular Among (a Growing List of) Commercial Software Vendors That Use It to Optimize Their Engineering Costs
- OSS Is Not a Panacea
- Inside the Prediction