Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Global companies need to make performance enhancements to Office 365 for it to be successful. SharePoint implementers should use this guide to overcome SharePoint Online performance deficiencies and WAN limitations in order to meet stringent performance goals.
Table of Contents
The Gartner Approach
The Guidance Framework
Step 1: Address Poor Connectivity and Latency Issues
- Optimize the Network Between a Client and SharePoint Online
- Closing the Physical Distance Between a Client and the Office 365 Tenant
Step 2: Reduce Page Payload and Round Trips
- Limit Navigation Depth and Complexity
- Replace Structural Navigation With Managed Navigation
- Replace Content Query Web Parts With Content Search Web Parts
- Break Permission Inheritance as Infrequently as Possible
- Limit the Number of Web Parts
- Optimize Queries Used in Rollup Web Parts
- Optimize Images Used Within Pages
Step 3: Deploy a Performance Monitoring Solution
Gartner Recommended Reading