Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Mobile devices frequently contain or have access to sensitive information and must be protected. This assessment aids security professionals by comparing and analyzing the security controls of the most popular mobile device operating systems.
Table of Contents
Drivers for Mobile Device Security
Risks to Mobile Devices
- Physical Attacks: Device Loss, Theft and Disposal
- Logical Attacks Through Network or Other Communication Interfaces
- Logical Attacks on Devices: Rootkits, Malicious Software and Configurations
Common Security Functionality in Mobile Platforms
- Core OS Security Features
- Corporate-Managed Security Features
- Changes to Devices and Controls
- Increase in Number and Sophistication of Malware and Configuration Attacks
- Increased Device Support for Multipersona and Data Security
- Drivers for Mobile Device Security
Understand the Threats
Set Baselines of Mobile OS Versions and Hardware
Be Cautious When Investing in Mobile Device Security Apps
Ensure That Enterprise Apps Are Secure
- Understand the Threats
Mobile Platform Security Controls
Adding Security Through Mobile Threat Defense Solutions
- Endpoint Protection Clients
- Mobile Application Risk Management
- Managed Information Containers
- Device Management Agents (MDM/EMM)
- Controls and Solution Approaches
- Mobile Platform Security Controls
Gartner Recommended Reading