Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Building a container stack from the ground up is not for everyone. Many public cloud providers offer managed container services, also known as "CaaS," to simplify the deployment of Docker containers. This assessment aids technical professionals in evaluating Amazon, Microsoft and Google offerings.
Table of Contents
What Is CaaS?
- IaaS vs. Container IaaS vs. PaaS
Important Features of CIaaS
- Image Registry
- Scheduling, Orchestration and Cluster Management
- API, CLI and GUI
- Stateful Application Support
- Monitoring and Log Management
- Other Things to Consider
- What Is CaaS?
Container Service Offerings From Hyperscale Providers
- Amazon EC2 Container Service
- Google Container Engine
- Microsoft Azure Container Service
- Container Service Offerings From Hyperscale Providers
Gartner Recommended Reading