Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Using IaaS cloud service providers to process personal data introduces new risks. Effective risk management means technical professionals responsible for cloud operations must evaluate CSP services and behavior against GDPR compliance requirements.
Table of Contents
Background and Context Setting
- The Scope of This Assessment
- Ingredients for Approaching the GDPR and the Cloud
- Test Your Cloud Provider's Approach to Supporting Privacy and Compliance
- Assurance and Evidence
Evaluate Tools Offered by Cloud Providers to Facilitate Your GDPR Compliance
- Tools for Interacting With Data Subjects
- Data Protection Tools
- Data Governance Tools
- Background and Context Setting
Support DPIA and Legal Assessment Activities
Apply Data Protection and Governance Controls at the Right Place in the Data Life Cycle
Use Cloud-Provided Governance Programs to Support the GDPR Program
Implement Continuous Monitoring of CSP Assurance and Certification
Use Pre-existing Corporate Tools Where Possible
Use Cloud-Provided Controls Where Pre-existing Solutions Do Not Exist
- Support DPIA and Legal Assessment Activities
Gartner Recommended Reading