The Internet of Things and artificial intelligence algorithms bring new opportunities as well as risks such as privacy issues. Manufacturing company CIOs must educate themselves and their companies about the impacts these technologies will have on their business models.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Things and Algorithms Enable New Business Models for New Opportunities
- From Paint Manufacturer to Online Do-It-Yourself Solutions Provider
- Aircraft Manufacturing — 3D Printing Optimizes, Then Transforms, Turboprop Engine Business
- Things and Algorithms Can Cause Unintended Consequences as the Supply Chain Lengthens
- Devices, Algorithms and Their Data May Not Be Secure
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.