Published: 23 August 2019
Governments must have governance in place to provide guardrails for effective, efficient and secure use of the public cloud. This best practice template provides government CIOs with foundation on which their agencies can further develop or refine their own policies.
Included in Full Research
- Create a Policy That Aligns With the Strategy for the Organization and Has the Commitment of the Senior Leadership and Professional Disciplines
- Ensure Your Policy Drives Correct Behaviors and Avoids the Creation of Artificial Obstacles by Using Constructive and Direct Language, Avoiding Value-Laden Statements, and Ensuring That Any Control Points Scale With Demand
- Become a Facilitator, Not a Regulator
- Be Direct and Constructive
- Gain Support Early
- Ensure the Effective Procurement and Control of SaaS Applications by Enlisting the Support of Procurement Staff as Partners and Avoid Uncontrolled Growth and Duplication of Functionality Across a Wide Array of Different Vendors.