Open-source database management system growth and influence continue, as products and vendors mature and expand capabilities. Data and analytics leaders, including database administrators and application developers, should evaluate OSDBMS-based alternatives for all DBMS initiatives.
- Use an OSDBMS When Assessing New DBMS Use Cases, Technologies and Platforms
- Use Cloud-Based Utilities for Impact Analysis of OSDBMS Migration
- Model and Consider All Costs
- Adopt Formal Policies for Assessing and Approving Adoption of an OSDBMS
- Sample Pricing Scenario
- A Cost Comparison of Proprietary Versus Open-Source RDBMSs
Gartner Recommended Reading