Many sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders consider only the size of the software audit settlement when determining how successful a software audit was. However, capturing the many other impacts accurately will support the case for license compliance and audit management controls.
- Make Software Compliance Programs a Priority Now
- Prioritize Critical Software Vendors and Document Their Contractual Noncompliance Repercussions
- Build and Test a Software Audit Management Process With Roles for Your Riskiest Software Vendors
- Be Proactive in Testing Your Audit Management Process
- Use Software Audit Settlement Fund for Expected Software Audit Settlements
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.