Hybrid cloud is a vital and necessary style of cloud computing. However, it can break multiple aspects of the cloud value proposition. CIOs must consider a continuum of next-generation cloud options called “distributed cloud” to retain cloud advantages.
- Hybrid Cloud Breaks Cloud Value Propositions
- Introducing Distributed Cloud, the Next Generation of Cloud Computing
- Distributed Cloud “Substations”
- To Tether or Not to Tether?
- The Distributed Cloud Continuum
- Two Phases of Distributed Cloud
- Distributed Cloud Can Fix Some of What Hybrid Cloud Breaks
- Third-Party Partnerships for Distributed Cloud
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.