Privileged access management continues to be a top security control, and most vendors are maturing their PASM and PEDM capabilities. Security and risk management leaders can examine a growing number of optional PAM capabilities, including remote PAM, secrets management and JIT for new use cases.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- Broadcom (Symantec)
- Hitachi ID
- One Identity
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Account Discovery and Onboarding
- Adjacent System Integration
- Ease of Deployment and Scalability
- Just-in-Time PAM Methods
- Logging and Reporting
- Privileged Access Governance
- Privileged Credential Management
- Privileged Elevation and Delegation
- Privileged Session Management
- Privileged Task Automation
- Secrets Management
- Use Cases
- Global Enterprises
- Midsize and Large Enterprises
- Secrets Management
- Vendors Added and Dropped
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.