This Hype Cycle tracks the technologies and technology-related ideas that will have the greatest impact on consumer engagement in health and wellness. It provides CIOs in healthcare with the holistic, cross-industry view of consumer engagement they need to make strategic technology decisions.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Immersive Technologies for Care Delivery
- Precision Health
- Virtual Health Assistant
- Multiexperience Analytics
- Emotion AI
- Automated Patient Decision Aids
- Digital Clinical Encounters
- Customer Psychographics
- At the Peak
- Multiexperience Development Platforms
- Next-Generation Contact Center
- Digital Experience Platforms
- Blockchain in Healthcare
- Community Resource Network Management
- Consumer Journey Analytics in Healthcare
- Healthcare Consumer Engagement Hub
- IoT in Healthcare
- Consumer Healthcare Wearables
- E-Visits (Non-U.S.)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Experiential Wayfinding
- Healthcare Consumer Persuasion Analytics
- Eldercare-Assistive Robots
- Genomics Medicine
- Patient Self-Scheduling
- Customer Data Platforms
- Medication Compliance Management
- Voice-of-the-Customer Solutions
- Generation 2 Medical Shopping
- Healthcare CRM
- Healthcare Consumer Insight as a Service
- Patient Portals (Untethered)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Climbing the Slope
- Personal Health Management Tools
- Social Analytics
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- On-Demand Virtual Visits
- Patient Self-Service Kiosks
- Interactive Patient Care
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.