Sr Director Analyst
1 year at Gartner, 25 years industry experience
Location: TX USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Colin Fletcher focuses his research on helping Product Managers at IT Operations Management (ITOM) Technology and Service Providers build and bring to market their way to success using the power of independent and actionable insights. His research spans all major ITOM markets including Delivery Automation (DevOps Value Stream Delivery Platforms (VSDP), DevOps Value Stream Management Platforms (VSMP), Cloud Management Tooling, Container Management, Infrastructure Automation, Service Orchestration, etc.), Performance Analysis (Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps), Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM), Network Performance Monitoring, etc.), and Experience Management (IT Service Management (ITSM), Software Asset Management (SAM) & IT Asset Management (ITAM), IT Financial Management, etc.). Some Key Trends being actively researched include DevOps, Cloud-Native development, and Product Led Growth (PLG). Mr. Fletcher's research is informed by daily conversations with clients and thought leaders, as well as more than 25 years of Senior IT Executive Experience drawn from multiple roles (Strategist, Product Manager & Marketer, Industry Analyst, and Practitioner), perspectives (user, customer, vendor, and analyst), and organizations large and small including Apple, BMC Software, Dell, Gartner, GitLab, HP, IBM Global Services, Motorola, and Quali among others.
Prior to rejoining Gartner, Mr. Fletcher led product and marketing strategy for a key product at Quali and prior to that built and led a team at GitLab delivering market insights and building customer relationships that shaped product strategy and drove commercial success. Previously at Gartner, Colin advised Senior IT Leaders on the evolving practice of IT Operations Management.
- Gartner, Research Director - IT Operations Management, 7 years
- GitLab, Manager, Market Research & Customer Insights, 2 years
- Quali, Director, Product & Marketing Strategy, 1 year
- B.B.A., Management, University of Houston-Downtown, Outstanding Management Graduate, Dean's List (All Semesters)
- M.B.A., Management, Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
- Eagle Scout
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification in IT Service Management v2 & v3
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)