The accelerating pace of technology innovation will offer organizations new opportunities to engage with customers as they build a digital business. Application leaders must be ready to translate habits of customer centricity into a new set of improved actions to support CRM and CX strategies.
- 1. Continuously Listening to Customers
- 2. Consistently Following Up With Customers on Their Feedback
- 3. Acting Proactively to Anticipate Needs
- 4. Building Customer Empathy Into Processes and Policies
- 5. Respecting Customer Privacy
- 6. Sharing Knowledge Internally and With Customers
- 7. Motivating Employees to Stay Engaged
- 8. Acting Systematically to Improve the Customer Experience
- 9. Creating Accountability for Customer Experience Improvements
- 10. Adapting to Customer Demands and Circumstances in Real Time
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.