Investments in customer service and support technologies must be scrutinized for their ability to deliver on customer experience goals, their impact on cash reserves and the likely speed of ROI. This Hype Cycle will help application leaders assess the maturity and risks of these technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- AI-Mediated Communications
- Blockchain for Customer Service
- Things as Customers
- Emotion AI
- Field Service Drones
- Customer Psychographics
- At the Peak
- Workforce Engagement Management Solutions
- Customer Journey Analytics
- Digital Experience Platforms
- IoT for Customer Service
- Customer Engagement Hub
- Augmented Reality for Customer Support
- Conversational User Interfaces
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- 360-Degree View
- Customer Service Analytics
- In-App Mobile Customer Service
- Video Calling for Customer Service
- Voice-of-the-Customer Solutions
- Recorded Video Customer Service
- Speech Analytics for Customer Service
- Knowledge Management for Customer Service
- Virtual Customer Assistants
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Field Service Workforce Optimization
- Mobile Field Service Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Consumer Messaging Applications
- Customer Engagement Center
- Proactive Communications Applications and Services
- Contact Center as a Service
- Entering the Plateau
- Work-From-Home Agent Technology
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.