Marketers lead innovation but face risks and talent challenges.
91% of marketers are leading or involved in with driving organization-wide innovation. These marketing leaders are allocating a significant portion of their overall budget to include innovation as part of their marketing strategy; making innovation a well-funded and quickly-maturing initiative. Despite the progress, obstacles remain — most notably, risk-averse corporate cultures.
The Innovation Survey 2019 explores how innovation is prioritized, managed and measured within marketing departments, giving insight into the opportunities and top challenges marketers face when driving innovation as part of their marketing strategy across their organization, such as:
- How do marketers overcome their organization’s resistance to risk?
- How do marketers prove the impact of their innovation programs?
- How do marketers manage a balanced portfolio of innovation programs?
- How do marketers accelerate innovation through marketing operations and strategy?
- How do marketers find the proper talent to support innovation initiatives?